The project involved a new commercial tenancy fitout to Level 8 & Level 9 at 171 Collins Street, Melbourne.
The works to the area consisted of new open plan offices, cellular offices, meeting rooms, boardrooms and breakout areas.
The tenant was seeking to achieve a 5 Star Green Star rating so all works had to be undertaken in strict accordance with the relevant codes and standards allowed the required rating to be achieved.
For Kerfoot the work included the supply, installation, commissioning & ongoing maintenance of:
- New power distribution for the levels including all supply authorities metering and connections.
- General power for the new offices including a UPS system for all critical services and the server room
- A complex lighting control system that would allow integration of audio visual, security and other services
- A new communications system, server room fibre and cooper ties throughout the new tenancy and building.
- All modifications to existing electrical services within the building, risers and other tenancy to allow the fit out to occur.
The project when completed achieved a Six Star Green Star rating for this energy efficient office and the client was extremely happy with the end result.
Major alterations to the existing electrical services were undertaken with in this project and through careful planning and a good line of communications there were no disruptions to the existing tenants.
Kerfoot had a team relocate to Victoria to ensure the successful completion of this project, this project has led to more work with this client and others in Victoria.