The ATO Fitout project was a large scale, multi-disciplined refurbishment project on the existing operating building. The works were completed in stages allowing for the consolidation of the ATO from full building occupancy down to 6 floors. The refurbishment works were a combination of Base Building and ATO Fitout works.
For Kerfoot this project included the full refurbishment of all floors, Plant rooms, the roof area & external facades . The complete project included:-
Base Building Scope
- Supply and install new consumers mains from the existing substation to the two new Main Switchboards.
- Supply and install two new Main Switch Boards.
- Supply and install new submains from Main swithboards.
- Supply and install a new generator distribution board, interfacing with the existing generator.
- Supply and install new generator control system to interface with existing generator and new ATS units
- Provide new earthing system.
- Supply and install new ATS units and load shed relays as indicated on the drawings
- Provide cables support using cable trays, skirting ducts, catenary wire and conduits for electrical and communications reticulation.
- Supply and install new distribution boards
- Supply and install all single phase and three phase power circuits as indicated on the drawings and connect to the new distribution boards.
- Supply and install all outlets, accessories and isolators.
- Supply and install all internal and external building lighting, emergency lighting and lighting control
- Provide lighting control system and programming for all lighting using a combination DALI controlled ballasts and DALI controlled relays and programmable light switches.
- Provide a low level interface between the lighting control system and the BMS system.
- Supply and install all lighting, motion detectors, input equipment and lighting control
- Supply and install new din rail cabinets for lighting control units and accessories.
- Provide power circuits with RCD protection
- Provide a complete operational telecommunications cabling system for the building.
- Provide accommodation for telecommunications cabling infrastructure.
- supply and install a complete MATV system.
- supply and install building mobile phone coverage system
- supply and install structured cabling system
- supply and install energy metering system
- Supply and install new switchboards in the Computer Room (CR), Telecommunication Room (TR), the Security Equipment Rooms (SER) and the Mail Room (MR)
- Supply and install new 400A Closed Transition ATS panel within the Computer room
- Supply and install Modular Equipment Cabinet System (POD).
- Supply and install 80kW Uninterruptible Power Supply (UPS) and Batteries.
- Supply and install smart metering
- Modifications to any Basebuild electrical services in order
- Supply and install dedicated fire rated submains to all TRDB’s and SERDB’s.
- Supply and install dedicated submains to MRDB.
- Supply and install new power factor correction (PFC). PFC to be 150kVAr expandable to 250kVAr (4 X 50 + 2 x 25 kVAr Step)
- House and lift lobby lighting and power are to remain unchanged unless indicated on the drawings.
- Supply and install new light fittings, emergency lights and exit signs
- Provide lighting control system and programming for the lighting layout using a combination of DALI controlled ballasts and DALI controlled relays.
The project presented a major logistical operation to manage, identify, disconnect and remove the existing services & infrastructure simultaneously undertaking the installation and connection of temporary supplies, implementing new services without effecting security or daily operations of the ATO.
Kerfoot was presented with a significant challenge; to replace the existing Main switchboard and site power Distribution system without any downtime to the ATO. Kerfoot successfully executed a faultless shutdown & changeover in just one weekend returning power to the site earlier than projected.
The preparation, staging and installation practices Kerfoot implemented on this project were meticulous and was 6 months in the planning resulted in a seamless transition without affecting the ATO business The Client was extremely gratified.
The amount of planning, co-ordination and problem solving required to deliver the amount of services adjustment through a trading building has refined our skills and showcases the attention to detail we can provide.