The works were to include the demolition of the existing Day Surgery Recovery area to make way for the new facility’s and construction of a new car park next to the existing hospital.
Kerfoot undertook the design & construct of all electrical services including:
- Body & Cardiac protected area including a new earthing system to comply with the latest medical standards.
- General and medical task lighting for the new Recovery area
- Power distribution system including alteration of the existing emergency generator to suit the new requirements
- Communications network for the new Recovery area are car park
- Medical panels integrated with Nurse call & Medical gases
- Lighting, boom gate, CCTV & Access control for the new car park
Kerfoot worked with the client to ensure all there needs were captured in the design while also ensuring none of the new areas services would impact the day to day running of the hospital.
Planning around operations and peak times for cable installation in common areas and switch board shutdowns was a must and the team at Kerfoot coordinated this without disrupting the client in any way.
When complete the client was extremely happy with the end result and the team at Kerfoot is very proud of the works completed.