Kerfoot were proudly awarded the IPU Project at Westmead Hospital.
Kerfoot were engaged on this project to design and construct the fit out works to meet the clients expectation and maintain the hospitals standards.
The Electrical fit out involved the
- Body Protected areas,
- supply and Installation of medical service panel,
- power ,
- energy efficient lighting lighting, lighting control,
- switch board and sub main upgrades,
- Cat 6A communication cabling and fit out,
- WAPS installation,
- Emergency lighting control connect to the Westmead hospital main frame,
- security door access control and Security cameras connected to the hospital main frame
The project was not to interrupt the existing hospital facilities, Kerfoot was able to stage the electrical installation in a way that would not cause the client any major disruption – keeping all running smoothly. The project was a huge success leading to more work on the campus directly for the client.
This project consisted of the following areas
- 28 patients wards consisting of 67 beds
- Staff stations
- Medication Room
- Staff, patient and public toilet/bathrooms
- Store rooms
- Lunch rooms
- Multi purpose function room
- Treatment room
- Dirty utlity
Kerfoot worked with the client to ensure all there needs were captured in the design while also ensuring none of the new areas services would impact the day to day running of the hospital.
Planning around operations and peak times for cable installation in common areas and switch board shutdowns was a must and the team at Kerfoot coordinated this without disrupting the client in any way.
When complete the client was extremely happy with the end result and the team at Kerfoot is very proud of the works completed.