Management System Certification
As an organisation, we take quality & customer satisfaction very seriously. Therefore, our team at Kerfoot have developed an Integrated Management system to comply with the rigorous requirements for domestic & international standards for certification in the following standards:
- ISO 9001:2015 – Quality Management
- ISO 14001:2015 – Environmental Management
- AS/NZS 4801 – Occupational Health & Safety
Kerfoot is now internationally recognised for its management systems. Our customers can trust in our ethical practices & risk management. These standards are pertinent to our business because of our continuous development & improvements in the following areas:
- Customer service
- Project outcomes
- Client satisfaction
- Environmental impact
- Energy saving solutions
- OHS policy and objectives
Our endeavours in each facet have been recognised with this certification. These standards are in place for the benefit of clients, staff and the community. With this international recognition, we will continue to evaluate our processes and strive to provide services that exceed customer expectations. We are dually interested in minimising our impact on the environment. With the ISO 9001:2015 and ISO 14001:2015 certification, Kerfoot has committed to an international service standard.
The AS/NZS 4801 accreditation is in place for the benefit of our employees. The standard dictates the requirements for an effective occupational health & safety management system. With our adherence to this standard, Kerfoot employees are provided with a safe working environment and continuous risk management.
At Kerfoot, we are committed to exceeding industry standards. We would like to take this opportunity to thank our customers, suppliers, and employees for many successful years of support and collaboration in this industry. Without your contribution, our business would not be where it is today.
We have been certified by DNV GL for our management system certification.
Quality Management System
The ISO 9001:2015 is a standard that outlines the requirements of a quality management system in a business. A quality management system refers to the processes a business uses to maintain and improve customer experience and satisfaction. The certification process has a strict customer focus and ensures that applicable businesses put their customers first.
When Kerfoot achieved ISO 9001:2015 certification, it meant that our business had met the following key criteria:
- An organisation must prove an ability to consistently meet customer and statutory standards in their supply of goods and services.
- An organisation must aim to improve client experience and satisfaction through an effective quality management system. This includes assessing the system and making improvements according to consumer requirements and statutory standards.
At Kerfoot, we have a quality management system in place for the benefit of our clients. This system has been developed to ensure our goals as an organisation are being met. Our approach includes a continuous focus on the diverse Kerfoot client base and improving processes to meet their needs. Customer satisfaction is a priority and we are pleased that our focused efforts are now recognised.
Our certificate is valid for the provision of supply, installation, maintenance, and integration of commercial electrical services for the following activities:
- Project design and estimating
- Service & maintenance
- Office renovations & refurbishments
- Major projects & infrastructure
- Data & communications
- Integrated technology
- Project management
- Industrial controls & installation
- Mechanical & electrical works as a part of our ISO 9001:2015 certification, we have committed to maintaining our management systems in accordance with the requirements of the current standard. Our team will be subject to periodical assessments to ensure our certification remains applicable and continue to implement management strategies that benefit consumer satisfaction.
Environmental Management System
The ISO 14001:2015 is a standard that outlines the requirements for an organisation’s environmental management system. An environmental management system refers to the processes and strategies a business has in place with the aim of conservation and protection. The system must involve documentation of an organisation’s environmental efforts and plans for maintaining environmental strategy throughout the business. The goal of enhancing environmental performance is a key factor in this certification.
When Kerfoot attained ISO 14001:2015 certification, it meant that our business had met the following key criteria:
- The business has a system in place that encourages enhancement of environmental performance.
- The organisation is compliant with environmental obligations.
- The company achieves its environmental objectives.
We are proud that our longstanding environmental efforts have been recognised. With this official certification, we can continue to invest in environmental solutions and encourage eco-friendly projects. At Kerfoot, we are passionate about sustainability. Our approach includes taking on projects that are environmentally conscious, providing energy saving solutions for clients, and encouraging awareness in our peers.
We are involved in the following environmental initiatives. You can find out more about our accreditation and environmental membership via the accreditation page.
- EcoSmart Electricians
- Cm3 Verification
- Green Building Council of Australia Members
- FluoroCycle Scheme
As a part of our ISO 14001:2015 certification, we will ensure our environmental management system is maintained according to the requirements of the current standard. We will continue to search for opportunities to improve our organisation’s environmental impact, and monitor our efforts accordingly. Our team will undergo periodical assessments in order to maintain excellent environmental management system standards.
Occupational Health & Safety
The AS/NZS 4081 is a standard that outlines the requirements for an organisation’s occupational health and safety management system. An occupational health & safety management system refers to the organisational structures, policies, procedures, and strategies a business has in place for the benefit of employees.
Safety management systems are made up of four main components:
- Safety policy and objectives
- Safety risk management
- Safety assurance
- Safety promotion
The accreditation process is rigorous and requires compliance in the following areas:
- OHS policy – there must be an existing OHS policy in place that is documented, implemented, and reviewed periodically for the benefit of employees.
- Planning – involves the planning identification of hazards, assessment and control of risks. The system must adhere to legal requirements and procedures that are applicable to OHS issues. OHS objectives and targets must exist.
- Implementation – appropriate OHS resources must be available to staff members as well as safety training for all personnel. An organisation must also meet compliance standards in the following areas of OHS implementation: responsibility & accountability, training and competency, consultation, communication and reporting, documentation, data control, hazard identification, risk assessment and control of risks, and emergency preparedness and response.
- Measurement and evaluation – involves incident investigation and corrective & preventative action. organisations must have documented procedures and records readily available for review. An OHMS audit program should be implemented with objectives dictated by the AS/NZS 4081.
- Management review – the ‘top management’ has reviewed the OHS management system at regular intervals as stipulated by the organisation.
At Kerfoot, we value our staff members. The safety of our employees is essential and our OHS efforts are uncompromised. The OHS management system accreditation confirms our ongoing attention to safety policy and risk management. We ensure our employees have access to ongoing training and support so that Kerfoot projects are safe and seamless.