Redevelopment of the lower and upper promenades at Coogee Beach including upgrades to lifesaver accommodation and amenities as well as a new lower promenade kiosk.
The new facilities will provide 21 new toilets and 12 showers including accessible cubicles, male and female change rooms, a family change area with additional showers, public lockers and a new Lifeguard Office and kiosk.
The work is part of Randwick City Council’s ongoing commitment to improving facilities and services for residents and was completed in September 2017.
Kerfoot worked on the design, documentation, certification, supply, installation, commissioning, testing of all electrical, lighting and comms, internal and consumer lead in cables, as well as upper promenade lighting and it was part of a $6.37m project.
Our works included:
- Liaison with power supply authority for service mains cable and metering installation and comply with all requirements.
- Provision of pipe/pit for communications lead-in cable installation to the building.
- Supply and installation of service mains cable.
- Supply and installation of main switchboard.
- Supply and installation of authority and private metering.
- Supply and installation of internal light fittings and associated sub-circuiting.
- Removal and reinstallation of lighting poles on the Upper Promenade with all wiring and reticulations.
- Supply and installation of light control as specified.
- Supply and installation of emergency and exit lighting and testing facility to AS 2293.
- Supply and installation of power outlets and permanent electrical connections along with associated sub circuiting.
- Supply and installation of Cat 6 structured voice/ data outlets.
- Supply and installation of conduits for other trades including Mechanical and Security.
- Supply and installation of future CCTV system conduits only.
- Relocation and re-instatement of existing Public Address speaker system.
- Relocation of shark alarm, including cabling, call point.
- Testing and commissioning of all systems.
Click here to watch the construction of this project