To commemorate the College’s 100-year celebrations in 2016 a major new development was under taken by the school and would feature. a 50m heated indoor eight-lane swimming pool with multiple diving platforms, a large purpose-built learn-to-swim pool, a multi-purpose fitness centre, strength and conditioning facilities and consultation and remedial treatment rooms, additional change rooms and on-deck showers, underground car park for approximately 230 vehicles, new playing field for hockey and tennis programs and a Centenary Walkway.
The scope of works for Kerfoot included the following scope:
- Removal of all electrical services surrounding the existing pool, grand stand and redundant buildings.
- Diversion of all fibre & submains to allow the schools operation during construction.
- Power to the facility from a new Pad mount substation.
- 2000A Main switch board
- Power Factor Correction
- Local distribution boards for lighting, power, plant and equipment for the pool and surrounding facilities
- Solar connections to offset energy used by lighting, pool filtration equipment and pool air heating systems
- All new Internal, external and car park lighting
- A Complex lighting control system
- Fire Smoke and EWIS system
- Power metering system managed by a BMS system to help record and manage power usage
- Access control and CCTV
- Pool timing system
- Score boards and sporting event clocks
- Hearing augmentation
- Audio system for announcements and sporting events
- Emergency Duress system
- Pay TV distribution system
The goal was to provide the client with an installation that was safe and built to last in this environment also to help the school avoid any down time through the construction period. With careful Planning, temporary solutions and knowledge of the clients requirements and existing services this was achieved by the team at Kerfoot. The project was completed on time for the Grand opening with an extremely happy client and no down time for the schools existing facility’s.